Like every March 22 since 1992, World Water Day is celebrated today to raise awareness among the population about this precious and indispensable natural resource, necessary for any aspect of life, sustainable development, and industrial activity.
At CETIM Technology Centre we investigate water treatment to improve and make industries and citizens more efficient the purification processes of our water resources. We do research with industries and technological centres in:
- Biological treatments-anoxic, anaerobic, aerobic bioreactors.
- Electrochemical processes -electrodeposition, microbial cells, biocatalytic electrolysis, or others- for treatment and recovery of residual currents, or other applications.
- Advanced Oxidation Processes for removal of emerging contaminants, disinfection and reuse.
- Membrane Technologies – direct osmosis, reverse osmosis, nanofiltration, membrane contactors, AnMBR, others – for treatment, concentration, filtration or purification of liquid streams.
- Adsorption / absorption technologies, for the elimination and recovery of contaminants in water.
- Wetlands, for passive wastewater treatment.