Sustainable future through a circular, efficient, safe and resilient water cycle.
UMI AQUATIM general objective is to respond to the current challenges of society, through the study and implementation of new technologies throughout the entire water cycle, through innovation, the development of new models of circular economy and digitization to obtain new sources of green energy (H2 and biogas), new natural resources and their efficient use (nutrients, metals and water). Likewise, the protection of ecosystems and biodiversity through nature-based solutions (NBS), the development of new digital technologies (sensors, traceability, models and predictive systems) and the introduction of improvement actions to ensure quality are included. of the water masses.
To achieve this objective, AQUATIM includes the following 6 lines of research:
● Green hydrogen from water as a key element towards decarbonization
● NBS and Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems (SUDs) for the efficient management of the water cycle and adaptation to climate change
● Circular economy of water for sustainable resource efficiency
● Quality of water bodies to guarantee their safe use and the protection of ecosystems
● Digitization of the integral water cycle
● Integration and validation of technologies
TOTAL PROJECT BUDGET: €2,002,016.51
The actions carried out by the Unidad Mixta de Investigación “AQUATIM” are subsidized by the Galician Innovation Agency within the framework of the 2022 call for the Unidad Mixta de Investigación Program.
Biorefineries and New Value Chains, CETIM, Cetim Projects, ECO BIO Technologies, Water and Air Treatment